Friday, October 12, 2007

GOD

I just read a blog of a long friend of mine, who is currently in Sorong, Papua, eastern part of Indonesia. She has been there for more than 1 month, and supposes to be there for 6 months.
She is in her personal humanity mission, volunteered and self funded her self, though she is there by hitching a catholic missionary group and involved in their activities. From what I know of her in our almost 20 years of friendship, she is not a catholic.

What tickles me to share is her response to a comment in her blog, which I could quote by simply copy and paste:
so, lian, do you believe in god? :)
and btw, what is your religion? :)

and her response:
wan ... define god to me, i'll tell you whether i believe in it or not ;-))))
religion? ... hm ... not sure if i have one according to the generally accepted definitions ...

“Is there any definition of God?”
“Is there any definition of each religion?”

I could not say my self as a religious person, though I believe in God, pray at least before taking any meals and teach my daughter to pray. But faith (I like to use this phrase better) for me is not something to question or anyone to question.
It is an individual private relationship vertically and to whom an individual communicates to what he/she believes.

Back to my friend, she is or was a capitalist, she was working for a securities company, saving enough to have early retirement (she retired in her mid 30ies, always seeing thing from what benefits her.
Is she now in her venture to find the answer of the above questions?I love to listen to her view after getting back in another 5 months.

1 comment:

tere616.blogspot.com said...

Hm .. I don't know whether we have the same view or not. For me Faith a.k.a religion, if we could say it, is our personal beliefs, no one can dictate it for us.

Whilst God, for me, wherever you go, wherever your religion, God is always the same person, same definition ...

Back to your friend, have to say, that she already find the answer.